people watching

Writing Prompt: Everyday for about an hour you observe people in the park. What did you see today?

    People watching is something you can do in a mall, coffee shop, or even in a park. This has been one of my favorite activities this past summer in a park. I would regulate the same park almost everyday. First I would grab a tea or smoothie and then head off to the park with a notebook for writing and a book for reading. 
  As I sat on the bench I watched people out walking with kids and or pets. Some were biking, rollerblading and running. The bikers made me want to go get my bike and ride. Rollerblader made me remember how when I was a kid I would rollerblade around a school as my parents played tennis. Joggers remind me of how my feet hurt sometimes, that's why I stick to biking and the gym. 
   Looking over to the grass I notice some people are lying on towels by themselves reading and tanning, others are in a group sitting and chatting, listening to music. The families are sitting in a group having a picnic. Over by the picnic tables there are children’s birthday parties and families having a BBQ. By the boat launch there are people with canoes and Kayaks heading out in the water. 
   At the playground there are kids running around, climbing, jumping, screaming, laughing, crying and having tantrums. 
  This all happens in one day pretty much the same everyday. Sometimes I overhear conversations which can get particularly interesting especially when you hear the teenagers talking about teenage drama.
  People watching is pure entertainment which is probably why most of the time I have trouble concentrating on my own reading and writing when in public.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

photo memories

Briar