Missing my stop

Writing Prompt: You miss your destination by several stops, when you fall asleep on a train.

  I often see an occasional person on the train sleeping and will wonder what happens when they miss their stop?
   That happened to me recently after a long day at work. It was a busy Christmas Eve and I was exhausted. As I got onto the train I decided to rest my head against the window just for a bit. Before I knew it I was asleep and completely missed my stop.  
  When I woke up I panicked and felt unsettled not knowing exactly where I was. It took a few minutes for me to get my bearings before I realized that I had fallen asleep and missed my stop. I quickly got off at the next stop which was metrotown so that I could switch trains and head back to hopefully not fall asleep again on my way to lougheed station. I decided to go to the nearest Tim Hortons before getting back on the train and getting myself a large cup of coffee to keep me awake this time around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

photo memories

Briar